For all celestial bodies, there are graphics errors in the OrbitView. I was able to find the following systematics of the bug:
- Both hemispheres are displayed correctly when viewing from below the body equator
- When viewing from above the eqauator, you can see the "inside" of the planet, so the faces of the opposite side
- When viewing from the equatorial plane (and +- some degrees), the body is tiled into parts that look OK and parts that show the anomalous behaviour
Also, probably related:
- Orbits are always drawn behind the celestial body, not in front where passing in front of them.
- Central Body: Earth
- Looking from above Brazil: Earth looks good
- Looking from above USA: Australia is visible, like when looking through the northern hemisphere
I'm attaching three screenshots, visualizing the problem. This can be reproduced by running the default mission and just panning/rotating in the OrbitView.